Stephanie

Monday, May 30, 2005

My Redeemer Lives!

Every word of God is flawless; He is a shield to those who take refuge in him. Pro 30:6

Last night I was praying to God, asking Him to please make it so I wouldn't have to go to Montauk with Stephen and his brother today. I was asking God to allow Stephen to understand where I was coming from, but also prayed that above all things His will would be done (pathetic, huh?). Praise God His ways are not our ways!

Part A was granted: Stephen understood where I was coming from, and it wasn't a good place. He called me on it. At around 11:30 he phoned to tell me he had made reservations for the ferry: $84.00! I was mad. Being selfish, I was holding to my "Tomorrow I want to sit and mope" attitude. He wasn't having that. He was frustrated, and rightfully so. We have been planning this for a month now. He called it for what it was: the flesh. I felt bad, so I couldn't refuse. I wanted to get off the phone, but he wouldn't let me go until we prayed. As we prayed, the Holy Spirit came and renewed my mind. Praise God! He is so good! I just feel bad that I was so darn selfish.

4:30 a.m. I awoke; 5:30 he and his brother were at my house. We got to the Bridgeport Ferry at 5:50 for a 6:30 a.m. departure. He made us go so early because he knows I am late for everything (lol...scary how early he found that out). Well, morning is my favorite time because it is so peaceful. We had coffee and had our devotional on the ferry; it was so incredibly wonderful. This stuck out:

A mountain of God is the mountain of Bashan; A mountain of many peaks is the mountain of Bashan.
Psalm 68:15

God created the mountains. Bashan is a mountain of God, and one of many peaks. Life has many peaks, but you can't have peaks without having valleys. As we are set high upon peaks, we're only able to recognize them as so if we've been in a valley. Last night I was in a valley; today God set me up on His peak.

Montauk is beautiful. God blessed us is so many ways today. We went sightseeing, we ate awesome seafood, we took a nap at the beach and we laughed. It was so wonderful. Praise God for His goodness! We took so many pictures. God is so so beautiful. The sea was clear. The clouds looked as if God had taken His mighty hand and shaped them just so. On the ferry back, the sky was purply-orange. You know, after knowing Christ you come to appreciate so many things you once hadn't. For example, I was collecting rocks on the shore. When the tide would go out, the water over the rocks made a soft thunder-like sound. It was really beautiful. It's stuff like that you stop to smile at and really give God glory for. Who is greater than He? Who could ever create such sound? Sure, we can compose stuff, but create? No. There is none like Him. Even saying there is none like Him feels wrong- that's a statement that should not even be made.

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made.
John 1:1-3

and

Who has ascended into heaven, or descended?
Who has gathered the wind in His fists?
Who has bound the waters in a garment?
Who has established all the ends of the earth?
What is His name, and what is His Son's name, If you know?
Proverbs 30

JESUS!!!!!!!!

He did it all.

You know, I have to stop walking by feeling, and starting praising Him in faith and trust. Today was beautiful, but even if I felt bad tomorrow it shouldn't change anything.

But let the righteous be glad;
Let them rejoice before God;
Yes, let them rejoice exceedingly.
Sing to God, sing praises to His name;
Extol Him who rides on the clouds.
Psalm 68:3,4

2 Comments:

  • At 2:11 PM, Blogger Joe said…

    You are a delight!

     
  • At 2:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Glad you had such a great day!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home