Stephanie

Thursday, May 26, 2005

His ways are awesome!

The LORD redeems the soul of His servants,
And none of those who trust in Him shall be condemned.
Psalm 34:22

I have decided to walk in the light.

Great and mighty God, He is our redeemer. He alone delivers. He is so so good.

From about 6-7:30pm last night, the obsession to binge was lifted. Why? Prayer- not my own.

I few days ago I wrote that blog about my problem. That was the deepest I have ever gone in admitting it to anyone. Prior to that, I told Stephen and Mrs. Morgan about it. But yesterday during the day I asked Sara to pray for me. I felt guilty asking, but I asked. God is faithful. I've been trying to rid myself of this for a long time by this or that method, but to no avail. Why? Because I can do no good thing in my own strength. God wants me to put effort into this, but in a different way.

"Confess your trespasses to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much."
James 5:16

God wants me to confess my sins- not just to Him, but to others. Why?
1. It calls for humility. Admitting weakness is some areas is easy because I think "yeah, that's understandable." But admitting this is not because it is not understandable. It is shameful. It is blatant sin. It is gross. It is gluttony. It is defiling the temple of the Holy Spirit. But God wants me to admit my weakness. As the subject of pride was discussed two weeks prior, a couple of scriptures come to mind:

God resists the proud, But gives grace to the humble.
James 4:6
God will show me His grace if I just admit in humility my weakness. If I am willing to feel ashamed, He will help me out.

Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and He will lift you up.
James 4:10
I have to humble myself before Him so He can snatch me out of the miry clay!

So that's one reason why I should confess my sins.

2. "The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much." In order for someone's prayer to avail, they must pray! In order for someone to pray about something, they must know about it! In order for someone to know about my weakness, I must confess!

God showed me that it is not by might nor power, but by His Spirit (Zech 4:6). Yesterday when the obsession was lifted, it wasn't because I took any tangible action. I just confessed my sin. It is nothing I could ever do in my own strength. I was in the car when this occurred; I can't explain the peace I experienced. I felt like crying. I know I have to put in effort, but only God can deliver.

He gave me a taste of what the freedom felt like- better than any food I could ever eat!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home