Stephanie

Sunday, May 29, 2005

Guidance Needed

Dilemma:
I work in the same office as my mother. I have trouble being around her. I know this sounds like I'm blaming, and maybe it is, but it is how I feel. Each time I'm with her I feel as if I'm being looked at, scrutinized, whatever. I feel fat. I feel frustrated, flleshy and resentful. I want to binge when I'm around her (all these feelings have their root somewhere).

So, I'm just gonna call it like it is. I want you to say, switch jobs, move out! But I must present the truth, the whole truth (and, by the way, nothing but the truth). I began working at this office about 3 months ago. The position is not permanant and I don't have insurance, but they may keep me. But the thing is, God opened this door; I know He did. I had applied to like 20 other jobs and hadn't heard back. The office needed help and OFFERED me this position. After I accepted, all the other places began calling back. This job is 9-5 and allows me the leisure of having nights off. The pay is not enough for me to live on my own (though I don't really see that as essential- praise God I have a roof over my head!).

So yeah, point is, it is hard to be around my mother, and it has a bad effect on me. I WILL NOT move until God says go, if He does at all, but do I look for other jobs and see if anything opens up? Or should I just be longsuffering? Maybe He wants to teach me something here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home